Ross Norton Recreation and Aquatic
Complex & Extreme Sports Park
The Ross Norton Recreation, Aquatic & Extreme Sports Park features indoor basketball courts, meeting rooms,
fitness room, a seasonal pool and an outdoor skate park.
1426 S. MLK, Jr. Ave., 462-6025
• The pool is closed for the season and
will re-open in May.
• Mon., Wed.: 2-9 p.m.
• Tue., Thu.: 8 a.m.-9 p.m.
• Fri.: 2-7 p.m.
• Sat.: 10 a.m.-5 p.m.
• Sun.: noon-5 p.m.
• Note: facility hours subject to change
Fitness Orientation Classes (Free)
Learn the proper way to use the fitness center equipment. Trained personnel will work
with a small group, helping them become familiar with the equipment and its proper
use. According to city policy, youth ages 12-13 can use Clearwater’s fitness centers under
special requirements. For details, contact your local recreation center.
• Upon request, call 462-6025
The city’s recreation facilities offer rental spaces for meetings, special occasions and
other activities. Celebrate a birthday, anniversary, wedding, bar/bat mitzvah, graduation,
a company picnic or dance. Reservations are required. Call for pricing, details and
Facility Map location: 12
• Activity/meeting room space; seats up to 250 with a catering kitchen that overlooks
• Double wooden floor gymnasium for tournaments
• Meeting space seating capacity up to 400
• Podium and PA system available
• Skate park available for rent/parties
• Pool (seasonal)
Extreme Sports Park
Skate Boards Permitted:
• Tue., Thu., 6-9 p.m.
• During all open hours
• Sun., 2-5 p.m.
Half-Pipe • Ramps • Rails • Skateboarding • Inline Skating • Bicycling • Scooters
• All participants must have a signed waiver on file in order to use the skate park.
• Helmets must be worn by all participants.
• The facility has beginner, intermediate and advanced areas for extreme sports.
• Free with PLUS / $1 (W) / $2 (W/O)
Daily Admission Fees
For daily admission fees, please see page 22.
The center hosts a special event for
families to attend each month. To find
out what’s happening each month, call
“Community Out of School Time”
Activities include homework, games,
crafts, field trips, skateboarding,
basketball and volleyball. Focus on
positive self-esteem, nutrition, healthy
choices and obesity prevention.
• After-school program funded in
part by Juvenile Welfare Board of
• Mon.-Fri., 2-6 p.m.
• Program runs throughout the
• Free pick up at select schools
• Free for ages 5-12
• Per grant funding to qualify, you
must live in Pinellas County.
Spring Break Camp
Participants must be enrolled in the
C.OS.T. program to attend.
• Mar. 26-30
• Ages 5-12