Safety features that may help you
save money on auto insurance
By Steve Papola
Vehicles with high safety ratings may not only save drivers’ lives in the
event of collisions, but they also may save them money. As an incentive for
buying cars with various safety features, many insurance companies offer
deep discounts to drivers. Although insurance companies may vary in
what they consider safety features, the following are generalized options
that may qualify drivers for discounted insurance rates.
· Antilock braking system: These systems have been standard
equipment on vehicles manufactured since 2012.
· Air bags: These safety features help cushion the blow for people
during a crash and include front and side-protection. Discounts increase
with the number of air bags.
· Adaptive cruise control: This feature monitors traffic conditions
and adjusts speed by controlling the throttle and brakes to maintain distance
from other vehicles.
· Daytime running lights: Daytime running lights may make drivers
eligible for small discounts.
· Electronic stability control: This prevents vehicles from skidding
out or rolling over during hard turns.
· Lane departure warnings: These systems alert drivers if they get
too close to the edge of a lane.
· Blind spot sensors: These sensors light up or make a sound when
a vehicle is in drivers’ blind spots, potentially preventing collisions during
AND Financial Services
At Centurion We
As A Licensed Independent Insurance Agent, with 30 Years
in Law Enforcement & 15 years Insurance Experience,
We Offer CHOICE!
We Guard Your Personal & Business
Assets & Provide Financial Security!
Absolute LOWEST RATES &
COMPREHENSIVE PROTECTION in the Industry!
Dedicated to All First Responder’s Insurance Needs!
best coverage at the
most affordable Rate!
Protection for Your Most Prized Assets!
Auto, Home, FLOOD!
Business & Contractor(s) and More!
Steven Papola - Agent
Call Today for a FREE QUOTE
FLORIDA WOMEN MAGAZINE 813.682.9364 DECEMBER 2019 • 23