Eat Healthy, Stay Healthy
Getting ready to prepare those yummy dishes or pastries for this year?
Check out one of the most healthy cakes that is not only nutritional but also made out
of the most delicious fruit: avocado.
A simple and delicious dessert combining the beloved
seasonal flavor of pumpkin spice with creamy avocado
for a nutrient boosted tasty treat.
50 – 60 minutes
1 hour 5 minutes – 1 hour 15 minutes
Recipe serving size: 1/14
· 1 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
· 1/3 cup almond flour
· 1 tsp. baking powder
· 1 tsp. baking soda
· 1/2 tsp. fine sea salt
· 3/4 cup sugar
· 1 cup pumpkin, pureed
· 1/2 cup ripe, fresh avocado, halved, pitted, peeled and pureed
· 2 large eggs
· 1 tbsp. ground cinnamon
· 1 tsp. ground ginger
· 1/4 tsp. ground nutmeg
· 1/8 tsp. ground allspice
· 1/3 cup 2% milk
· Dust of confectioner’s sugar (optional)
1. Heat oven to 350°F with a rack set in the center.
2. Butter and flour a 10-cup bundt pan, making sure to get into all the cracks
and crevices of the pan to prevent sticking.
3. In a medium bowl, whisk together the flours, baking powder, baking soda,
and salt. Set aside.
4. In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the whisk attachment or in a bowl
with a hand mixer, combine the sugar, pumpkin puree, avocado, eggs, and
spices, mixing on medium-high for 2 minutes. Add the milk and stir.
5. Fold in the dry ingredients until well combined.
6. Spoon the batter into the prepared pan and tap on the counter a few times
to release any large air bubbles.
7. Bake for 50 – 60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center
comes out clean.
8. Cool the cake in the pan set on a rack for 10 minutes, then invert the cake
onto the rack to cool completely.
9. Dust with confectioner’s sugar just before serving if desired.
Notes & Tips:
Store covered, at room temperature for two days.
To view recipe visit: https://www.saboreaunohoy.com/en/recipe/
Want to comment or have any questions on this article?
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
LATINAStyle V ol. 26, No. 4, 2020 www.latinastyle.com 49