• Established in the state of Florida in 1995 and in
Manatee County in 1996.
• Our mission: Take Stock in Children of Manatee
County, Inc. provides scholarships, mentors and hope
for academically qualified, financially at-risk students
to help them achieve success in college and life.
• 712 scholarships awarded by TSIC-M since
• 217 students (6-12) currently in the School
District of Manatee County.
• 179 mentors in the School District of Manatee
• 60 new scholarships to be awarded during
the 2020-2021 school year.
• 216 currently enrolled in post-secondary
• 494 have attended post-secondary education.
• Eligible students are in grades 6-9.
• Must show a financial need (taxes verified)
• Must pass standardized tests.
• Selected students sign a contract to meet
with their mentor on a regular basis, maintain
a 2.5 GPA, model excellence behavior
and attendance, remain drug and crime free.
• Manatee average GPA per grade:
• 9th- 3.63
• 10th- 3.58
• 11th- 3.67
• 12th- 3.43
• 98% high school graduation rate.
• 92% matriculation into post-secondary
• Each affiliate raises scholarship dollars for
the students in their school district. These
funds are matched dollar-for-dollar by the
Florida PrePaid Foundation.
• 100% mentor match rate.
• Each scholar (6-12) is matched with a volunteer mentor.
• All mentors are background checked and must complete a mentor training to be eligible.
• 55% of students in the School District of Manatee County are living with families whose
household income is below the national poverty level.
• 2,500 + students in the school district are invited to apply.
We hope you will join us!
We are better TOGETHER!
Take Stock in Children of Manatee County, Inc.
941-209-7375 • PO Box 325 Palmetto, FL 34220
501(c)(3) Status 46-1337168
BMAG | 21